Wednesday, January 21, 2009

2008 CG Award for Annual Achievement in Film


About a year ago, I wrote a post that proposed that the Academy should add an annual achievement award because there are so many people that have amazing years without necessarily having any single award-winning piece of work. Since it was my fictional award, I got to make the nominations. (Ridley Scott, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Judd Apatow, and Josh Brolin)
In fact, my winner wasn't nominated for a single academy award, though he was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Original Song, of all things! Read the full post to learn who won my award last year.

So now on the eve of the Academy Award nominations, I thought that I'd propose my 2008 Annual Achievement in Film Award. Here goes:

And the winner is....
Aww man.... I started writing this post thinking Winslet, and after I completed the list, I shelved Winslet and vacillated between Street and Van Sant. In the end I am giving it to Van Sant because putting together two hugely impressive films in one year trumps two impressive performances in my mind. Plus, he had a great supporting role on Entourage in their season finale. That was the tiebreaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment