What self-respecting film geek blog wouldn't offer their Oscar predictions? Here are mine. Let's hope I do better than my predictions for the nominees (67% accurate). Following in the footsteps of Anthony Hopkins, I'm thinking that the villains will walk away with the actor's categories. Overall, No Country for Old Men will probably be the big winner of the night, even though I preferred There Will Be Blood.
- Best Picture: No Country for Old Men
- Best Director: Joel an Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men
- Best Actor: Daniel Day Lewis, There Will Be Blood
- Best Actress, Ellen Page, Juno (This was my hardest selection--Julie Christie may be a better choice)
- Best Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men
- best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett, I'm Not There
I didn't originally prognosticate the nominees for these categories, but the winners are so predictable, I figured I should include them on the winners predictions if only to boost my accuracy percentage.
- Original Screenplay: Diablo Cody, Juno
- Adapted Screenplay: Joel and Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men