- Best Picture: 4 for 5. I picked Into the Wild instead of Michael Clayton
- Best Director: 2 for 5. Only PT Anderson and Coens
- Best Actor: 2 for 5. Viggo and Daniel Day Lewis came through. Tommy Lee Jones? Really?
- Best Actress: 4 for 5. I missed Cate Blanchett, thinking that all attention on her would be for her supporting actress performance in I'm Not There
- Best Supporting Actor: 4 for 5. Missed Hal Holbrook, guessing JK Simmons in Juno
- Best Supporting Actress: 4 for 5. Missed Saoirse Ronan in favor of Allison Janney, Juno.
- I always stink at the Best Director category. In general I outguess myself, having trouble separating Best Picture from Best Director.
- I guess that I gave too much love to Juno except in best director, where I should have.
- I loved Michael Clayton on screen (one of my five favorites of 2007), but didn't think that the academy would. I missed that films nominations for Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Actor.