Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Oscar Prediction Results

The nominations were announced. My predictions were close--

  • Best Picture: 4 for 5. I picked Into the Wild instead of Michael Clayton
  • Best Director: 2 for 5. Only PT Anderson and Coens
  • Best Actor: 2 for 5. Viggo and Daniel Day Lewis came through. Tommy Lee Jones? Really?
  • Best Actress: 4 for 5. I missed Cate Blanchett, thinking that all attention on her would be for her supporting actress performance in I'm Not There
  • Best Supporting Actor: 4 for 5. Missed Hal Holbrook, guessing JK Simmons in Juno
  • Best Supporting Actress: 4 for 5. Missed Saoirse Ronan in favor of Allison Janney, Juno.

My weaknesses:
  • I always stink at the Best Director category. In general I outguess myself, having trouble separating Best Picture from Best Director.
  • I guess that I gave too much love to Juno except in best director, where I should have.
  • I loved Michael Clayton on screen (one of my five favorites of 2007), but didn't think that the academy would. I missed that films nominations for Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Actor.
Overall score 20/30, a barely passing 66.7%. Better luck next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment