Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscar Proves That I Don't Get Women

The Oscars were last night. Official results here. Apparently I am an awesome Oscar predictor except when it comes to the actress categories. In the non actress categories I was 6 for 6. In the actress categories I was 0 for 2. Overall I was 6 for 8, a decent 75%. Thank heaven they don't have more actress categories (Best Prostitute?) or I would have been toast.

My predictions:
  • Best Picture: Predicted: No Country for Old Men; Winner: No Country for Old Men
  • Best Director: Predicted: Joel an Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men; Winner: Joel an Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men
  • Best Actor: Predicted: Daniel Day Lewis, There Will Be Blood; Winner: Daniel Day Lewis, There Will Be Blood
  • Best Actress, Ellen Page, Juno (This was my hardest selection--Julie Christie may be a better choice); Winner: Marion Cotillard, La Vie en Rose
  • Best Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men; Winner: Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men
  • Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett, I'm Not There; Winner: Tilda Swinton, Michael Clayton
  • Original Screenplay: Diablo Cody, Juno; Winner: Diablo Cody, Juno
  • Adapted Screenplay: Joel and Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men; Winner: Joel and Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men

No comments:

Post a Comment