Monday, May 18, 2009

Blu Ray Bandwagon

Well, I finally took the plunge and ordered a Blu-Ray player. What clinched the deal? Well, after the whole format war ended last year, I was ready to go, but I wanted to wait for prices to drop and some enhancements, most importantly speed, BD Live, and Wi-Fi connectivity. I was also somewhat concerned about the viability of the new format, given what many consumers see to be the only incremental quality improvements. I didn't want to buy the next Minidisc. Now that Wal Mart is betting on Blu-Ray, I think the format will explode. So I took the plunge and got the Samsung BD-P3600.

Of course, my first order of business was to upgrade my Netflix account to Blu-Ray. The whole process was pretty painless, aside from the arguably justifiable but real cost. Enable upgrade to Blu-Ray on your account, and all of the movies in your queue that have Blu-Ray offerings are switched. Of course then I shuffled my queue significantly to push many of the Blu-Ray titles to the top. Can't wait to try it out. I'll post my impressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment