Tuesday, May 12, 2009

JJ Abrams, Mes sci-fi a?

Lost, Fringe, Wired, Trek... I think that this week should be declared National JJ Abrams Month. I have got to be among one of the most ardent fans of Abrams, but even his harshest critics have to agree that his achievements this week are impressive. Fringe got off to a slow start but it has been picking up dramatic momentum and celebrates its season 1 finale tonight, Lost has totally redefined science fiction and in its 5th season (and 100th episode) and promises a mind-blowing finale tomorrow night. And of course Star Trek scored big at the box office and with critics (95% on Rotten Tomatoes and 83% on Metacritic). Plus, he spectacularly edited this month's Wired magazine. Move over Howard Stern, JJ is the new King of All Media.

That being said, I haven't seen any of the three yet. I'll be seeing Trek, Fringe and Lost over the next few days. I'm eager to see just how mind blowing JJ can be. I have a feeling that this week will cement his place TV/Film history for the ages with the likes of Rod Serling and Alfred Hitchcock.

OK, so I posted this before, but I leave you with Abram's talk at TED.

No comments:

Post a Comment