Friday, March 6, 2009

Want DVD Special Features? Pay Up!

Variety is reporting that Fox is going to start producing two classes of standard and Blu-ray DVDs, one stripped down no-special features version for the rentals market and one for the direct sales market.

Does Fox really think that leaving special features off of The Day the Earth Stood Still is going to get me to buy it? (Not that I was going to rent it)... I hope that this does not become a standard practice, but I won't lose sleep over it. I generally enjoy the special features secondarily. If I am a fan of a film enough to watch the special features, I am a fan enough to have bought the disc in the first place, most likely. I generally do not find myself watching special features on rentals. I wonder if I am in the minority and this is going to create an uproar?

No comments:

Post a Comment