Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Awesome AAA Assistance App

My car wouldn't start this morning, so I had my first opportunity to try the AAA Roadside Assistance iPhone application today. It's free from AAA, and does exactly what you would expect, quickly and intuitively. After a brief setup (I suggest doing this when you first download the app and not when needing help) where it collects your AAA membership number and contact information, you are a few taps away from requesting roadside assistance. The app uses your GPS location, gathers from you a bit of multiple choice information about the issue that you are having, and dispatches help. It also allows you to cancel the assistance request, like in my case where I found a neighbor at 6:30 AM willing to give me a jump start. Just as I cancelled the request, the assistance truck rolled up—barely 15 minutes from my original request. He was happy that I managed to solve the issue myself. If you are a AAA member and iPhone owner, this application is a no-brainer download. If you are not, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment