Friday, May 16, 2008

I Heart Dexter

The Showtime television series Dexter is based on the Dexter novels of Jeff Lindsay and is a drama about a forensics tech for the Miami police who is a serial killer on the side. As a fan of crime dramas and star Michael C. Hall from 6 Feet Under, I was always interested in the show, but not enough to pay for Showtime. Last year, I was thrilled to learn that CBS picked it up for 2007-2008 (probably a a hedge against the writer's strike). I just finished watching season 1. Wow. It was better than I expected or hoped. Being able to pull off a serial killer as a sympathetic protagonist is a miraculous feat of writing, producing and acting. Plus the intricate story all came together in the season finale and left lots of open questions for next season. I think that I will have to download or get season 2 now--I can't wait until CBS puts in on (in the Fall?). Plus, I have to assume that the CBS version has been sanitized to a certain degree. If you haven't seen season 1 yet, what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment