Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Vagina Filmalogues



Way back when, I saw a trailer for 'Chatterbox' in an underground screening.


Tagline: "It speaks for itself"
Plot synopsis: A young woman who works in a beauty parlor discovers that her vagina can talk, which causes her no end of trouble.

It was the funniest movie trailer that had ever seen. OK, maybe I was a little drunk. Unfortunately I can't find it online--YouTube removed it for policy violations. It is apparently available as part of a $99 trailer compilation DVD called 42nd Street Forever! Horror on 42nd Street. No way I spend that kind of money on that. The entire film is cheaper than that. If anyone sees the trailer online, let me know.




So I thought that Chatterbox was dated--no way would they ever produce something so hilariously vulgar in the post-Janet Jackson era. Well, I was surfing Apple's Quicktime movie trailers site (as I often do) and I was shocked to learn that I was wrong. Enter: Teeth



Tagline: "Every rose has its thorns."
Plot Outline: Still a stranger to her own body, a high school student discovers she has a physical advantage when she becomes the object of male violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment